Do you have experience in Big Data? Do you enjoy working with AWS solutions? Then you may have the opportunity to join Mirada’s Analytics team.
Analytics at Mirada
Analytics is becoming a key feature in Mirada’s solution and it is being requested by most of our clients due to the huge additional value that it offers.
It basically consists of managing and analysing all the information received from clients (across STBs, tablets, mobiles and web), related to purchases, media consumption, audience measurement of live content, quality of service, content browsing and navigation across the different sections in the application.
This information needs to be collected, processed and presented in such a way that it provides very useful information to the TV Operators. It is also used for other services in the platform such as the recommendations engine or the mosaic which shows the most-watched channels in real time.
What you will do:
- Large scale treatment of operative data to develop analytics solutions and high quality systems for the product’s service cloud
- Develop and evaluate data to make logical recommendations of data usage, treatment and storage
- Implement alternatives to the existing system to improve the capacity, performance and robustness of the solution, detect problems with the application and define new methods for processing data
- Analyse internal libraries and tools to enable our teams to work at maximum capacity
- Work together with other technical experts within Mirada to define solutions and cross implementations, while keeping up with the evolution of development methodologies and architectural frameworks
What we require:
- Experience in Software Engineering and Big Data solutions
- Experience in AWS, services in cloud and other technologies used for Big Data: S3, Storm, Alluxio, NoSql, Drill, Redshift, Zookeeper, Docker, Kubernetes, Tableau, etc
- Confident use of usual development environments and languages in these kind of solutions: Node.js, Clojure, SQL
- Ability to analyse, design and be pro-active
- Availability to travel
- Good level of both spoken and written English
- Friendly with a positive attitude to life
What we would love:
- Experience in TV or media solutions
- Experience in deployment of solutions, network dimensioning, AWS CloudFormation, etc
- Experience in client-server solutions, HTTP, HTTPs, REST
What we offer:
- Fixed salary depending on the experience of the successful candidate
- Variable incentives
- Ticket RestaurantⓇ
- Health insurance
- Short working hours every Friday and throughout July and August
- English classes
- Flexibility with taking holidays
- Fantastic work environment
- Regular outdoor and team-building events
- In-office perks such as Fruit Friday
- and much more…
A typical day at Mirada for data dude, Nacho
Before getting to the office, it’s sport time! I arrive at the gym next to the office with people from Mirada – usually HR! It’s great to see that in a tech company we are interested not only in geeky stuff but in sports too!!! 😉
After burning some calories, I arrive at the office and check my emails: no problems in the platform! I check our daily reports and the state of the processes that collect information from the platform and I can see that everything is running OK… Perfect!
Coffee break! We go to Juan’s bar for our daily dose of caffeine while we talk about new projects, the company, football and any other topic.
Back in the office, we check if there are new requirements for our reports: HBO has asked us if we can add a new field in the reports we generate with their VOD consumption. After a short meeting with the team to analyse if we are able to give them this information with the data we collect from the devices, we proceed to estimate how much time this change is going to take.
“It’s great to see that in a tech company we are interested not only in geeky stuff but in sports too!”
Time to develop some SQL queries! We are working on a new report that needs to be integrated in the new system we are deploying in Amazon Web Services to know how people consume the VOD contents by HLS streams. We finish the query and upload it to the system and prepare its automatic execution.
Let’s go for lunch!! We meet in front on the office while we wait until people from several departments join us to go to a nice restaurant. There is a street full of them really close to the office and we have a great variety: Italian, typical Spanish food, Chinese… Today we choose Chinese food, “rollitos de primavera”!
After a good lunch and some more coffee, it’s time to check if the query developed works for a small set of data. All the results makes sense and only some minor fixes need to be done. Then we prepare the query to run automatically that night in a testing environment and tomorrow we’ll analyse the results.
Before leaving the office, I check if all the environment is running correctly and then I check my list of pending tasks to prepare tomorrow’s schedule. Enough for today! I leave the office and I meet some colleagues in the lift. We chat for a bit before we take the bus and say goodbye until a new day at Mirada arrives!