Do you have experience in mobile technologies? Looking for a challenge? Want to be part of a fun and forward-thinking company in a fascinating industry?
We are on the hunt for a talented and experienced IOS Developer to join our team in Madrid. At Mirada, you will be given endless opportunities to develop your career in the cutting-edge world of Digital TV while working alongside highly-skilled, dynamic and motivated people.
Our main product is a big application allowing TV Operators to provide their offering through mobile platforms, which enables their customers to browse programmes, watch content, manage their subscriptions and access other services in the platform. The application is developed in native technologies for both mobile phones and tablets.
What you will do:
- Implement new functionalities as defined by the Product team
- Collaborate with different teams involved in the product development and implementation: QA, Product, Design, Back-end and STB
- Maintain the company’s iOS Product app and currently deployed applications
- Customise the company’s iOS Product to fit our clients’ needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we require:
- BA/BS degree in IT/Programming or equivalent work experience
- Client-server model
- REST Apis
- iOS SDK
- Mercurial and Jira
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Availability to travel and discover new work environments in different countries
- Good social and communication skills
What we would love:
- DRMs for iOS
- Video playback on iOS
- Collaboration in any Open Source project or any personal projects
What we offer:
- Fixed salary depending on the experience of the successful candidate
- Variable incentives
- Ticket RestaurantⓇ
- Health insurance
- Short working hours every Friday and throughout July and August
- English classes
- Flexibility with taking holidays
- Fantastic work environment
- Regular outdoor and team-building events
- In-office perks such as Fruit Friday
- and much more…
A typical day at Mirada for Pedro
– I get to the office around 8:45. Some people arrive earlier and leave earlier… and those who love a lie-in get in around 10am and then stay later! That’s right, flexible hours!
– I start my day catching up on emails which tend to include bug reports, technical questions, requests from other teams, emails from our partners etc. Once the whole team has arrived, we have a coffee break at a nearby cafe.
– I often have meetings in the morning. These are usually regular status update meetings with our project manager, but we also discuss architectural topics and have meetings with other departments to discuss how to implement new functionalities.
“You’ll always be in good company at Mirada!”
– Once we have a plan, it’s time to execute it. I spend the rest of my morning coding, which involves addressing all the tasks and bugs that I’ve been assigned and that have previously been prioritised.
– At 13:30, we stop for lunch! We have lots of options to choose from, such as bringing our own food or going to one of the many tasty places for lunch nearby – for free, of course! Whatever your preference, there is always someone interesting to talk to during lunchtime. You’ll always be in good company here at Mirada (if I say so myself)!
– Back to work and time to continue coding. If nothing urgent arises, I spend the rest of the day with my assigned tasks… and as all the mobile devs sit together, we always find the time for a chat about different stuff, mainly work related, but there’s always rooms for jokes too!
– It’s 18:15… and time to head home!