Are you an enthusiastic and hard-working Web Developer with experience in new technologies and frameworks? If so, you are in the right place. We are currently looking for talented professionals just like you to join our web team in Madrid!
Our main product is a huge application which allows TV Operators to provide their content offering across different platforms. It enables clients to browse programming, watch content, manage their subscriptions and access other services on the platform. We are a product company with a difference, as most of our work is based on maintaining, customising and evolving our application rather than developing small and easy applications with a shorter life cycle.
At Mirada, there is no time for anyone to get bored as we are always searching for new solutions, making improvements and analysing the latest technologies within our industry.
What you will do as a Web Developer:
- Analyse and design new features for our application, not only to guarantee the functional quality of new developments, but also to benefit their maintainability, scalability and ensuring that these new developments aren’t creating problems in other modules of the application
- Develop and implement new functionalities as defined by the Product team
- Maintenance of the company’s web apps and current deployments
- Customise the company’s apps
- Work closely with several teams, such as UX & Graphic Design, Operations, QA and Back-end to:
– Improve UX by designing and developing new modules or applications
– Ensure the proper integration of new developments within our core applications
– Test new functionalities and address troubleshooting
…and lots of other stuff!
What we require:
- Knowledge of or experience with a client-server model
- Experience working with different people using a distributed code repository (GitHub, Mercurial etc)
- Ability to deal with tools for tracking issues such as Jira
- Good social and communication skills
- Positive attitude and initiative
What we would love:
- Experience in the TV or multimedia sector (web development for Smart TVs for Video Game Consoles
- Previous collaboration in any personal or Open Source project
- Good level of English (at least B2)
- Whatever else you consider relevant for us to know!
What we offer:
- Fixed salary depending on the experience of the successful candidate
- Variable incentives
- Ticket RestaurantⓇ
- Health insurance
- Short working hours every Friday and throughout July and August
- English classes
- Flexibility with taking holidays
- Fantastic work environment
- Regular outdoor and team-building events
- In-office perks such as Fruit Friday
- and much more…
So, if whilst reading you have felt that we are talking about you… what are you waiting for?
A day in the life of Álvaro
- I get to the office at 8:20
- I start my day investigating the latest technologies which may be of interest to Mirada, I check out the latest versions of the libraries we use to improve our product and finish reading through some articles which may be of interest to the team
- Next, I check my emails for anything urgent I have received overnight – my colleagues in Mexico work different hours so there is always something!
- I head out for a coffee with the rest of my team 🙂
- I get to work on the urgent tasks I have pending, this time related to the video player which isn’t working properly with Windows 7
- Once that’s done, I get started with developing one of the new functionalities for dynamic TV ads which has recently been requested by our client
- A while later, I have a meeting with my team to present the latest developments with our product, along with any doubts or challenges I came across along the way
- Back at my desk, I sit with the UX team to discuss the best solution for one of the technical problems we have been having with a functionality which isn’t supported across all browsers
- Time to go for lunch with the rest of the team
- After eating, I continue with my tasks from the morning and then move on to expanding on some of the ideas that came up in this morning’s meeting
- I end my day carrying out the necessary tests on all the work I have done today
- I head home at 17:30