Our Research & Development function focuses on new product design and product development which is a crucial part of our business and success. We operate in an industry that is fast changing and we have established a clear Research & Development strategy in order to maintain a high level of innovation and quality.
Here are our latest Research & Development projects, financed through the European Union’s FEDER funds:
Virtual Channels are the cutting edge innovation in Mirada’s Content Discovery feature set. The main objective is to offer Operator’s promoted content to the consumers in a new and innovative form via three different ways:
- Dynamic Mosaics Virtual Channel – Most viewed content: content broadcasted at the moment through linear TV, structured and divided by genres.
- VoD Virtual Channel – On Demand content: content based on recommendations. These are acquired through consumer’s preferences analysis & general content consumption.
- PVR Virtual Channel – Recorded content: a crafted selection of all available recorded content that the consumer can enjoy.
These three services are presented to the customer as Linear Channels with dial number in the lineup, creating an easy and efficient way for users to consume quality content.
Virtual Channels offer several benefits for both our clients – the Operators, and their customers.
- Benefits for their consumers:
- New, disruptive way of discovering linear content, much more efficient than navigating through the traditional channel lineup.
- Thanks to the recommendations, consumers can choose what they want to watch from the perfectly adapted VoD catalogue through the personalised sequence of movie trailers.
- Smart presentation of recordings available to watch from content recorded automatically by the system based on the recommendations, from recordings set by the consumer himself and from those pushed by the Operator.
- Benefits for the Operators:
- The consumer is offered a personalised service thanks to the search and recommendation engines of our product, resulting in increased total Customer Satisfaction.
- The consumer has easier access to VoD content adapted to their preferences, therefore is more prone to purchase it, resulting is an increase of the ARPU.
- Substantial increase in customer satisfaction and ARPU translates into Churn reduction. Our solution has managed to turn our clients – the Operators, into market leaders thanks to the competitive advantages that are offered to their consumers, who cannot obtain similar service elsewhere.
The OTT solution designed and developed by Mirada allows consumers to have access to available content on their very own terms, whenever and wherever they want.
The OTT platform allows Pay TV Operators and Broadcasters to offer their services in either a pure OTT model or integrated with the traditional Pay TV service within their DVB networks.
The solution provides a complete ecosystem of applications for multiple devices (smartphones, tablets and PC/Macs) as well as a powerful set of back-office components thanks to which the Operator can manage the content life cycle, the business model, the consumers provisioning and the platform management.
Mirada’s OTT platform is already integrated with major technology providers, such as Broadpeak, Edgeware, Akamai, and Alcatel-Lucent, or such as PlayReady, Verimatrix and Widevine for DRM.
PREVIOUS R + D PROJECTS:
Below you can find out about our previous Research & Development projects: