If you are a software engineer interested in media and digital television sectors, we might have the perfect job for you!
Our products are used by leading TV operators and broadcasters worldwide, to deliver innovative digital TV services to their customers.
In the software development centre, we are working with trendy programming languages and technologies.
Focusing in backend, we have 3 main systems:
- SDP: Providing support to the client applications (STBs, Android, iOS, Web, Smart TVs, Android TVs, etc), besides, for the TV operator to control the platform, i.e. managing clients, devices, channels, VoD Catalogue, billing, etc.
- CMS: In charge of the content acquisition and management.
- LogIQ: Receiving metrics from the clients to provide reports and useful data to the operators, e.g. audience measurement, customers behaviours and quality of service.
The systems architecture is based in micro-services that are deployed in Kubernetes using Docker containers. The solution is mainly developed in Java (Rx-Java) and Clojure.
We are using many trendy libraries and frameworks, I can list some of them: SpringBoot, Gradle, docker-compose, minikube, Archaius, Hystrix, RabbitMQ, Amazon Kinesis, RedShift, Redis, Oracle RAC, Ratpack, Guava, Prometheus, Grafana, but there are more …
We love robust solutions and we promote “good programming practices”, looking for excellence in our product development. Starting with the coding style that guarantees an easy to read and commented code, the proper usage of code repositories in Git and Mercurial, a good unit testing coverage, continuous integration and continuous deployment with an important set of (nightly) automatic testing in our lab.
This is not the kind of software systems that you build in few months, then you finish when the delivery is done. But our solutions and the global ecosystem are really complexes, then the development, evolution and maintenance of the different applications usually last for several years and everything need to be properly tracked. We are using Confluence and Jira for this purpose.
As a backend developer, your main tasks will be related to the development of new functionalities or micro-services, this is A&D, coding, unit testing, etc. But you also will need to debug and fix different issues in your code and others, please consider that there are more than 30 developers in the team.
On the other hand, our solution is really complex and we have many integration with 3rd party systems from different partners. This means that the setup and deployment for a customer is not straight forward and we need to help with the configuration, fine tuning and troubleshooting during this process.
In summary, the main skills we are expecting from you are:
- SW development skills
- High degree of responsibility
- Willing to investigate and to learn
- Result oriented, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills